Monday, November 12, 2007

The imaginery bird

Every morning when u wake up, imagine a bird by your shoulder. Imagine it can understand u, u can understand it. Turn ur head to your shoulder and ask the bird: Is today the day? Am i ready? Am i doing all i need to do? Am i being the person i want to be? Is today the day i die? Im not going nuts from the toxic i pump my body into. But this is particularly captivating and i thought i share it out; it deserved to be.

Lets jus say.. suppose you wan to flare up on someone(ur loved ones, frens or even a stranger) Would you still want to argue if u know either you or the other party is going to die the same day? Do you wan to leave the world on a peaceful note or with hatred among other humans? This might sound like you will then be a Mr Nice Guy accomodating any injustice suffered without standing for your own rights. What i can say is...u can talk things out, with reason and if that fails, forget it. It doesnt mean i will not stand up for my wife if she gets bullied by others, it doesnt mean i dun say a thing if my mum gets a rude service from the hawker. Im sure they also do not want things to escalate to a point where it gets ugly.

Regrets we all have....I had a long chat with my cousin Ping. Kinda surprising that we seldom chat when we met considering we r of the same age group and she agrees. Maybe she is right, its hard to talk face to face even though there are no ill intentions. I was never the extrovert. Im the guy who sits there quietly while my frens are able to talk freely to ppl they barely know for a while. Maybe becos i dun have much to talk abt my life too. I told her one of the things i realy regretted in my life and it still bothers me up to today. I always have sunday gatherings at my granny's place, Ah Ma's house as it was affectionately known to us grandchildren. I wil go rain or shine every sunday to see my grandparents n relatives. There was a particular sunday i felt lethargic and tired and decided to give the gathering a miss. Then it happened. The following wednesday, my grandfather had a heart attack and passed away. I was really angry with myself back then. Why didnt i go that sunday? Why did i think there was a next sunday?

No comments: