Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Two kicks in the teeth

I got woken up by a call from an insurance agent today... she got my number during some road show and has been trying to get me to buy some financial products from her but Im actually 'full' at the moment n rejected her. But a thought came to me.. if she didnt call me (which is already 11), wat time will i sleep until? do i really like to sleep so much? Sleeping is one thing tat has robbed me of my loved one in a way.... when she told me that she is afraid to wake me up...i didnt know in her heart.. i actually made her feel afraid to wake me up.. i mus have been a real hard person to get along and how 'wei qu' she must have been!y am i still not learning the lesson?!

Back in May, Jun.. i was actually thinking to myself... my life is actually stagnating.... i nid maybe a kick in the teeth to really be awaken, to kickstart it.. Ironies of irony... seems tat i got more than what i had bargained for.. instead of a kick.. i got two... one is of cos the fact that my gf left me. The other kick.. is wat i felt today when i meet up with my ex camp mates... I met Bryan, Patrick and Shawn for dinner n coffee. As we talked abt the ns times, we also talked abt our present lives n other frens around us. As our conversations grew... i realised slowly that.. hey.... im really lagging behind.... there are a lot of things which i duno, the things they talked abt; China market, opportunities, businesses.. in a nutshell... abt serious stuff.. abt careers and livelihood matters.. tats wad they talked abt and i could only listen in silence.. not becos i was not interested or that i was a frog in the well.. its just that my energy and time have been spent on other things...rather time wasting activities i would say. I was a frog out of the well but doing other stuff... How lag i was compared to them, to their thinking...They are discussing n worrying abt things which we shud worry abt at my age but these questions have nvr fly by my mind which is occupied with meaningless stuff...

I love to sleep.. dun ask me why... it has been a real bad habit which i have been trying to kick.. i can sleep and wake up at 6pm on saturdays.. which means close to half of my weekend is almost gone.. dun ask me how i did it but it happens... i can also decide to take a cab to work jus so i can catch that extra 10 mins of sleep...atrocious... i will strive to stop this nonsense.

Second, I love playing games.Computer games that is... dota, online games like KO, RO... etc etc all i play..even as i am writing this blog now.. im 'alt tabbing' to play dota @.@... funny im lamenting it and still doing it...Yes.. im one of those better in these than my frens.... but i also realised... SO WHAT is u r good in dota? SO WHAT if u have a high lvl character in an online game? SO WHAT if u score more goals than ur fren in Xbox Fifa in a friendly match? Thats reel life and it doesnt help in my real life.. tis instance... maybe my peers are reading business times.. my peers are maybe checking internet for stocks n shares or just doing more productive things.... im playing dota... -.-" Right.. this will be another thing i want to change. I will play but it will not be the essential part of my life.

I hope u do not have to get kicked in the teeth like me to wake up.. it hurts.. really hurts a lot

No comments: