Sunday, October 14, 2007

'Doing something for the 1st time'




Yes, the title says it all......been wanting to create a blog for ages but always procrastinate. Ironic that its actualy when Im on hospital leave that I can use the time to finally do something new. Just removed my tonsils at CGH and had my 1st hospital stay since 1980. Yes, Im thankful for the good health I have enjoyed these 27 years so far. Its definately one less thing to worry about but if you are not as lucky as me.. fret not.. a good life is not determined by how many years you lived but rather how u make of it and the impact u made of the people ard u.

Today is my 'chinese' bday or they call it lunar bday. I wonder.. with the new generation.. will they ever know abt the existence of that? I myself also duno when is my lunar bday till now. The traditions, dialects that were each a unique flavor by itself are gradually lost in the modern time. We might have slowly developed a 'its useless, chuck it aside' attitude. Remember 'chinese'? It was not taken seriously by us Chinese(becos we tink its useless?) until the rise of China. Now, everyone is taking the chinese language more seriously(becos we tink its useful)
Anyway, thats just a view. The main point is still the 'doing someting for the 1st time'

I gathered we r no diff from a program if all we did is work/do someting we r familar/sleep. I dare say most of us fall into this bracket. For me, its when u hit the comfort level that u find that its comfortable and do not want to attempt to change anyting. Yes it might seem correct to have the 'aint no broken, do not fix it' thinking. Afterall, u do not call for the plumber until ur toilet bowl is flooded right? However, u do renovate ur hse sometimes and maybe in the process.. upgrade to a nicer looking toilet bowl.

That is the point. U upgrade, u do new things, u do not stagnate. I have been stagnating.. work/drink/sleep or work/study/sleep or work/dota/sleep. Its mostly one of these 3 combi and thats where brought me to where I am now. This shall kickstart my stuttering engine and be the 'doing someting for the 1st time' thingy.... btw...when's the last time u did something thats new to you?




No comments: