Thursday, June 26, 2008

i lost so much today

26th Jun'08. the day my grandad took away gran from me. i got a call from dad during work n i feared the worst when i picked it up. he rarely calls. i rushed to the hospital with my work on hand seemingly the least important. i reached, i saw. doctors were trying to resuscitate my gran. doctor in charge told my family n me abt gran's condition. she had only abt an hr left. It proved to be my longest hr in my life yet. i went in, i saw her with so so many things attached to her body. i teared. i hear how much she suffered during the day while i laughed n make merry during work with my colleagues. i hate myself. i teared. i held her hand which used to be so big when she took mine n off we went to the market. now....my hand is larger but hers is colder. i cried. i nvr ever learn. jus when i started to take things for granted, fate gave me the cruelest blow. i reached home no mood for dinner no mood to shower i jus chain smoked staring at the dark sky. i suddenly see a vision of my grandad n gran's faces. they were smiling at each other, like 2 young lovebirds who met after a long while of separation.they smiled at me, and walked away.. towards the sunset along the beach back facing me. thats the only smile i had today

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grief not my pal. For every death signifies a new begining, it may be a grand relief for yr granny as she reunites with yr granpa to continue on from the point where they have stopped. May them live in bliss forever unbound by the controls of fate & time...

KT

chillijo said...

at least ur grandparents are together le.. take care k, you need to be strong for your parents too.. i'm sorry i can't be there..

Anonymous said...

wo ye shi... dui bu qi. in any case, call us out when u need ppl around lah...