Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just when im slowly taking it for granted...

I was having a chat with Cherv n Kel after a hearty meal when Dad called. He was at the hospital; granny isnt doing too good and there might be a possibility things will turn for the worst. I ended the gathering and made my way to the hospital and how the old familiar feeling resurfaces.

We all get worried when we hear news like this. We get even more worried if we have all along took it for granted that they will constantly be there whenever we want to see them at every weekend family gathering. I saw my relatives waiting at the leisure corner cos the doctor n nurses were drawing blood/urine samples and attaching wires onto my beloved gran. We waited for a good 1/2 hr before they were done and i walked into the ward full of sick patients. I saw her asleep, with a weathered face apparently enduring a pain which we wouldnt know how it really felt on her tired body. Doctors advised they will do tests on the samples collected and revert thereafter but this is still a critical time. My eyes felt wet, my nose turned runny, i want to cry but decided to cry 'inside' instead. I have to give the mental toughness n support to my other aunts who were there. The last thing i wan is to start a crying ensemble in the ward at 1130pm. The feeling isnt good when this is the only 80 plus year old lady im very very close with in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be strong!

The MTV doesnt make me cry but it makes my hair stand. Undying love is hard to find.